Gone (Red Country)
Apologies for the blog silence! I've been trying to finish up my paper for Small Society's Annual Meeting. And then I spent five days in Red Country. And I still need to start packing for the return to Hometown.
Red Country was OK.
I didn't love it in the way that I loved visiting North Country. But I'm not sorry that I went.
There were ruins to see, trails to hike, and mountains to climb (literally). The people were friendly (I had tea with some of them in a tent) and the hotels were comfortable (all of them had pools). And we spent so much time outdoors that I have acquired a very obvious farmer's tan.
But I was wrong about one thing: I did take 900+ photos of rocks.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
are you serious?! that is so funny! you must really love rocks...
In my own defence (and, oh, how I need one!), the rocks are directly related to my research.
And some of the rocks are simply in my pics 'cause we were in Rock City.
But, yes, 900+ does seem to be a bit excessive...
Post a Comment