Thursday, April 10, 2008

Biting the Bullet?

I've been looking at airline tickets for my return to TLWTMS.

What I would really like is a direct flight with Home Country's Main Airline. But the dig is right in the middle of travel season and their tickets start at $2200.

My other option is to fly with Different Airline. There would be a lengthy layover in London both to and fro. And the return flight would involve sleeping one night in the airport.

Neither the layover or the night in the airport really bother me.

It's the fear that the airline will lose my luggage.

I never have problems with my luggage when I fly direct. But every time I have layovers, airlines lose my luggage. (Remember the last time my luggage got lost?)

But Different Airline's ticket is only $1700.

So, it all comes down to this: do I fly direct or do I save $500?

1 comment:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

Pack an extra set of clothing for the ride that you can change into at the airport. You may even be able to get a shower if stuck.