As Others See Us
I had a meeting with Prof. Mom today at the College. During our meeting, we were interrupted by a knock on the door.
When Prof. Mom opened the door, I recognized the young man as a gentleman who had been in a class for which I had been a TA. As he had been assigned to another tutorial group, I didn't know his name.
After he left, I asked Prof. Mom what the student's name was. She was surprised that I didn't already know and apologized for not introducing us.
She had assumed that I did know this student, for the student had apparently indicated to her at some point that he not only knew my name; he also knew my reputation.
In Prof. Mom's words: "He's intimidated by you."
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Me too! *shudder*
;-)
WO: But I only intimidated you AFTER interacting with you.
And I'm quite sure that I've NEVER interacted with this student before!
I lied. Friends could/should not be intimidating to each other. And I consider you a friend. :-)
But as for your reputation... *shudder*
Post a Comment