An Old-Fashioned Girl
I'm in the midst of madly trying to complete work in time for impending deadlines. But it's madness related to projects that I enjoy, so I'm not complaining that.
The various projects have required me to work with resources that come packaged in various media. But it's media that I don't enjoy working with, so I am complaining about that.
I possess the knowledge and skills to use these media efficiently. I know that it's more cost-efficient when resources are available electronically. And it's also more time-efficient than running around to the different libraries.
But I miss the materiality of my books.
The sound of a spine cracking. The smell of a new book. The smoothness of the pages between my fingers. I even find the weight of countless books easier to carry than the weight of my laptop.
What can I say?
When it comes to my books, I'm just an old-fashioned girl.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm totally with you on that! i dread the day that i have to read an entire book on a screen... poor you!
Post a Comment