Sunday, October 28, 2007

Joining the Dark Side

After years of working in an office with incessant phone-ringing, it should come as no surprise to anyone that I detest telephones with all of my heart and mind and soul and strength.

The most detestable of phones, in my opinion, are those phones that people carry with them and use in public (particularly when those conversations clearly fall into the have-this-conversation-in-private category).

Up to this point in my life, I have abstained from owning a cell phone. I'm either too protective of my privacy, or, perhaps, too anti-social, but I refuse to let anyone intrude upon my time at their choosing. Don't call me, I'll call you.

But.

I am now so seldom at home and have a number of commitments that require me to be accessible at random times. In short, it has become truly unfeasible for me to continue in my cell-phone abstinence.

Thus, I have joined the dark side and am now the not-so-proud owner of this phone.

5 comments:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

I know someone who has that same phone...

Scholar Wannabe said...

You?

busterwife said...

ha ha! that's my phone too!! i was also very reluctant to get one of those darn things...

i still startle everytime it rings... that's assuming that i hear it at all.

so i guess you are quickly losing your "old-fashioned girl" status. ha ha! ; )

Scholar Wannabe said...

Ringing? I set the phone to silent! =)

What can I say?

I'm passive aggressive! =P

busterwife said...

honestly, i really think you could go into stand up comedy if you ever decide to change careers...

= )