Eight Random Facts About Me
Having been tagged by a fellow blogger, I present the following list:
1. The current retail price for the most expensive book in my collection is $270 USD.
2. I am near-sighted in one eye and far-sighted in the other. (According to my optometrist, only one in 1,000 people have this condition.)
3. People generally mistake me as being 5-10 years younger than I actually am. Case in point: the representative of a company who, upon learning that I was pursuing a doctoral degree, remarked, "I didn't know that you could go straight from high school into your Ph.D." I was 27 years old at the time.
4. I have never used a dishwasher (and, in fact, don't know how to operate one!).
5. During my childhood, I wore enough red (my grandmother's favourite colour) and pink (my mother's favourite colour) to last several lifetimes. My favourite colour is blue.
6. I deliberately employ the term "y'all" when addressing groups composed of males and females because it's gender-inclusive.
7. My most exotic mode of transportation to date: four hours on the hump of a camel.
8. All of my closest friends presently reside in countries other than the one I reside in.
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
interesting! i've never been on a camel.
you may not want to be on one *smile*
Four hours!! Impressive.
Post a Comment