Choppy Waters
I've been distracted for the past few days and today was the worst. Although I've been at the library for the past ten hours, I've only managed five hours of real work (butt in seat, brain on vacation!).
Part of the distraction is likely due to the fact that my house-sitting time is coming to an end. I have thoroughly enjoyed living on my own and having a non-existent commute. But in under a week, I will return to days that begin and end with a one-hour commute.
I also understand my state of distraction and the inability to enjoy the reading portions of my research as an indicator that I've read enough and need to start writing the actual proposal. I have already read hundreds of pages and dozens of books. I have gained proficiency in the field of Bread Basket studies (I need that for a portion of my thesis). And I have produced the mindmap that my thesis will articulate.
Thus, I will put pen to paper by the weekend. It will be inarticulate, incoherent, and unorganized.
But it will be progress.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
(i don't know, i guess i'm in a weird mood and feeling inspired... a culinary version? ha ha!)
stockpiling her refrigerator and cupboards, they now overflow with interesting new food items. the hour of discovery is at hand. she must see how these clever ingredients can be combined and enjoyed. before they become forgotten and stale.
chopping. frying. broiling.
tasting. enjoying.
digesting.
satisfied, and yet not. she knows it could be better. it can always be better.
off to explore the aisles, looking for inspiration once again... yes, yes... some of the same... yes... and now others that catch her eye. her palate pulls her onward with the anticipation of a new delight she is still to discover.
"... and much study wearies the body."
say, are you taking care of yourself? rest? play? -your friendly, neighbourhood 'occupational terrorist' :)
B.W.: Ummm...if you're talking about my borrowed kitchen, I think you'd better picture Old Mother Hubbard's, 'cause all of my cupboards are bare!
Q: Rest? Play? What are these things of which you speak? Could they be the things of the lives of balanced and normal people? Oh strange new world that hath such people in it!
Hmm... that does *not* sound like a busterwife comment at all! I think busterwife's account might have been hijacked by someone else.
I'm vicariously enjoying scholarly progress through you.
no it really is "ME"!! ha ha... i was trying to make some kind of brilliant analogy of s.w.'s plight to a stay at home mom... but my entry kept morphing until it somehow turned into this odd poem about a chef? i'm not sure! like i said, i guess i was just in a weird mood, and maybe feeling a little hungry. lol!
: )
-your friendly neighborhood flibbity-gibbity-buster-wife.
B.W. & W.O.: It somehow does not surprise me that B.W. gravitated to my statement about living on my own, while W.O. gravitated to my statement about the proposal.
But I am relieved that no accounts have been hijacked!
Post a Comment