Our Specials This Evening Are...
I'm headed off for dinner with four profs. Let me tell you why...
My area of interest is the North Country (N.C.) and the Leading Archaeologist of the N.C. has been visiting my school for the past few days. Proof that he's the Leading Archaeologist in the N.C.: he has been leading excavations all over the N.C. since before I was born, has published on every known site in the N.C., and is the official consultant for the government of TLWTMS regarding excavations in the N.C. He really is the leading archaeologist in the N.C.
It took my breath away simply to have the opportunity to attend a lecture that he was giving (topic: archaeology in the N.C., what else?), but Prof, who is on my supervising committee, is friends with him and will be taking him out to dinner before he leaves tonight. I received an email from Prof asking if I would be interested in joining him, two other profs, and Archaeologist for dinner. After all, Archaeologist loves working with grad students and would absolutely take me to all the sites in the N.C. when I'm there next year.
So, despite the facts that I never know which of the umpteen forks to use and that I'm terrified of being in situations where I'm the only student among Scholars-in-Actuality, I simply cannot pass up this opportunity.
I just hope that Foot in Mouth isn't on the menu tonight.
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is sooo amazing! praise God!! let us know how it went with the feet, the forks, and the "friends". ;-)
(i couldn't think of a better word that starts with the letter "f". ha ha!)
Post a Comment