Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Mental Indigestion

My brain feels so full now, that I don't think that any more details will fit into it. On some days, I'm afraid to turn my head too quickly, lest an important date or name fall out of one of my ears!

But my experience doesn't seem to be an idiosyncratic one.

In a recent conversation with one of my peers, I learned that he, too, was experiencing a drastic drop in his rate of learning with each passing comp. When he was preparing for his first comp, he was able to easily digest a hundred pages a day. But in his preparations for his third comp, fifty pages in a single day was a remarkable accomplishment.

Thus, I continue to prepare for my fourth comp (which I now hope to write before Christmas) in spite of my mental indigestion. I just need to remind myself not to move my head too quickly...

No comments: