Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Careful What You Wish For (Part 6)

Disclaimer: Scholar-wannabes are apparently not exempt from viral infections. Since updates on the kitchen must be posted, however, I aim to please, even in my rather drugged up state. Readers beware of typos, awkward sentences, and complete-and-utter incoherence.

Status of the kitchen at Monday's end: the counter was installed WITH the kitchen sink.

Implication: we now have running water in the kitchen again.

The new sink was such a beautiful sight that tears actually welled up in my eyes. When seeking water for my morning cup of tea and my daily thermos of coffee (have I mentionned that I'm addicted to caffeine?), I could once again simply stick the kettle under the tap of the kitchen sink and fill it.

BUT: the tile guy decided that he wouldn't come on Monday. He further decided that he wouldn't come on Tuesday either.

Tile guy? What tile guy?! I thought all of the tiles that were going to be installed were on the floor already!

Apparently, I was misinformed. We're getting tiles on the walls above the counter and behind the new ceramic stove, too. Furthermore, we're also entitled to a new kitchen table with accompanying chairs, but they haven't yet been delivered, much less assembled. And since mom does love her tiles and new kitchen furniture, we simply can't do without them. So, we continue to endure.

They've promised to be done by Friday. But I begin to despair that we'll ever hit this ever-changing deadline...

No comments: