Thursday, September 14, 2006

Careful What You Wish For (Part 2)

The floor crew didn't come. The dry wall guy didn't come either (but I hear that he's supposed to come today).

The electrician came, though. He installed the new switches for the ceiling lights. He also installed the wiring for the new dishwasher and something called "cab lights" (I think they light up the counter area under the cabinets).

Mom's coping better (I think).

2 comments:

busterwife said...

i love the updates on your house and your mom's sanity level. home renovations can definitely be very painful! i was just thinking it's kind of the same with renovations of the heart. it's the only way for change to come, but during the process one would rather check out of the "house". : (

Scholar Wannabe said...

I think that this is a case of not counting all of the cost (like in Luke 14:28-32).

A new kitchen we might want, but inconveniences (like chaos or the absence of a kitchen sink) we might not want.