Easier Than I'd Thought
As a rule, I find it quite painful to spend huge sums of money in short spaces of time.
But I have start-up funds from FCU that will expire at the end of May. And so, I spent the afternoon on a shopping spree.
It will come as no surprise, of course, that I spent these funds on books. Lots and lots of books.
Books that I have borrowed from the library repeatedly. Books that I have referred to and quoted from ad nauseum. Books that are staples on the shelves of all of the Scholars-in-Actuality in my field.
In short, books that I have long-desired, but could not afford to buy on my own budget.
But the books have now been ordered with great glee in spite of their very pricey price tags because the receipts will all be paid out of FCU's funds.
You know, there's really nothing quite like buying books using someone else's money.
Wednesday, April 06, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Not sure to envy your expense account or to pity your need to mark student papers. Oh well, no vocation is absolutely perfect.
The respectably-stocked, personal library brings you leaps nearer to that elusive "scholar-in-actuality" ... embrace your identity! :D
Post a Comment