Sunday, February 27, 2011

If It's Not One Thing, ...

... it's another.

Case in point: last week.

The baseboard heater in my bedroom broke, resulting in four very cold nights before my landlord had time to fix it. And when he finally came to fix it, it took five. whole. hours.

Why? Because there was a problem with the wiring in the bathroom.

As well, the fridge had to be replaced. And after clearing out my schedule to be home for the pre-arranged 12-2 p.m. delivery, the fridge came at 10 a.m., right while I was in the middle of washing my hair. (Holding the front door open while the water from my hair drips down my back is not an experience that I care to repeat.)

All this, of course, on top of the things that I do for my paycheque: prep and teach classes, respond to emails, attend meetings, supervise students (there was a political drama related to this as well, but it's rather unbloggable).

After last week's experience, I have just one request for the coming week:

One whole week with no drama.

No comments: