Not Quite What I Had Expected
After slogging through all of my grading and calculating the final grades, I was surprised by the casualty count:
Although I had expected a handful of students to fail, only one student had failed my Intro to the Second Half of the Good Book. (As aforementioned student attended only half of the classes, failed both tests, and did not submit either of the papers, the failing grade was certainly deserved.)
This is not to say that the remaining students will be happy with their grades (in fact, I know that a number of them will be quite unhappy). But the administration doesn't become concerned with professors until the casualty numbers rise a bit more.
And as I have just submitted my grades to the registrar's office, I will now begin to brace myself for the inevitable slew of student emails...
Monday, January 03, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, I am so glad my undergrad marking days are over. In Feb, I get to give a talk to undergrads, and then go away and never see any of their work. I can live with that! :-)
LDNM: Rub it in, why don't you? ;)
(I'm already trying to figure out ways to do less grading next semester...)
I must confess that I suspected my words would have a rub-in effect. ;-)
Post a Comment