Monday, November 08, 2010

My Life Has Too Much Drama

I decided to return to Hometown for the Shortest Visit Ever for graduation and donned the required robe, hood, and hat. I felt very silly, particularly in the beefeater cap. (For such smart people, academics make really dumb wardrobe choices.) But the family was very happy. And after less than 48 hours in Hometown, I headed to the airport.

And then my adventures began.

The first leg of the trip started smoothly. Luggage was checked and I was at the gate with plenty of time to spare. I had an empty seat next to me and the flight departed on time.

But then the turbulence started. Five hours of the worst turbulence that I have ever experienced. But the flight finally landed.

But then I threw up (which I very rarely do). Ginger ale was procured to soothe my poor stomach and I made my way through the airport to the customs area with no difficulties.

But then I was selected for secondary screening. A full body search, which was no big deal, as well as an examination of my luggage.

But then my luggage couldn't be found to be examined. Because in spite of the fact that I had checked it two hours before my departure time, it had been left behind in Hometown.

I was, however, allowed to cross the border (which I had been rather worried about). I safely arrived at the airport near PLU-town and made my way home.

My luggage was finally delivered this afternoon, so all's well that ends well. But for future reference, I really prefer trips that are boring and uneventful.

Really, I have enough drama in my life as it is.

2 comments:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

Ok. I will not regret not being hooded even though I promised myself I would be hooded for this, my fifth degree. It's not worth an agonizing 2-day trip there and back on a plane having to throw up and miss my luggage. It's not worth it.

Phew, glad I am not going!

(See how you have helped me?)

Scholar Wannabe said...

Well, LDNM, I'm glad that something good came out of this experience! =)