Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Drama That Is My Life

In my last post, I wrote that defending on August 27 won't be soon enough to get me to FCU in time for the orientation for new faculty (though my department chair has already excused me).

Today, I learned from FCU's attorney that defending on August 27 won't be soon enough to get me to FCU in time for the faculty meetings on September 1 and 2, either. (It will take a full week from the defense for the paperwork to be processed on that side of the border.)

I also learned that defending on August 27 might not even be soon enough to get me to FCU in time for the first day of classes. (After the paperwork is processed, it needs to be sent to me via snail mail, but a public holiday complicates all of this.)

After missing the new faculty orientation, the regular faculty conference, and the first day of classes, I'm sure that my new colleagues will all be wondering to themselves whether I'm actually worth all of this trouble...

1 comment:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

Oh stoppit. You're worth it.