Saturday, April 03, 2010

Can We Say "Molasses"?

I should have completed my grading last Monday and then submitted my grades. That would have allowed me to work on Chapter 4 on Tuesday.

But I procrastinated (I don't think that I've ever commented so extensively on student papers before) and submitted my grades on Wednesday.

Even so, I should have been working on Chapter 4 on Thursday.

But I procrastinated: I did class prep for next week, worked on textbook orders for the fall (FCU requires the orders on Monday), and only did a tiny bit of note-taking for Chapter 4. (I usually create a "master list" of notes before I start writing in order to keep track all of my secondary material. If your secondary material for each chapter was 1-2 feet deep, you would, too.)

Today is Friday and I'm back in the classroom next Wednesday.

What I should be able to do by then is complete the note-taking, the rough draft, and one round of editting before then.

What I'll actually get done depends largely on whether my progress continues to resemble molasses...

3 comments:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

I've seen your notes. You deserve a PhD just for the work you've put into your notes.

Scholar Wannabe said...

LD, would you mind if I nominate you as a member of my thesis committee? =)

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

Done!

(Cues orchestra to play Pomp & Circumstance for SW's walk... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxqFdcZz974 )