Wednesday, December 02, 2009

It's Enough To Make Me Swear

So, yesterday, I was told by the department chair at Third-Choice U that I'll have to give a teaching demo on Islam next Monday.

I was also given the course instructor's email address, so I wrote to ask for a copy of the syllabus. (I'll be "borrowing" her class for the demo.)

I didn't receive the syllabus until thirty minutes ago.

And it turns out that I'm not giving a teaching demo on Islam.

I'm giving a teaching demo on Islam in the US.

If this is the way that this department treats its faculty, I'm seriously thinking that I don't want this job...

1 comment:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

I'm guessing they've just been demoted to 1 billionth choice plus "over-my-dead-body-i'd-rather-eat-dirt-than-teach-there" status?

Why in the world would they ask you to teach Islam in the US? What could be the rationale for that, other than to see how quickly you can present on something that is completely outside of your scope of expertise?

I say again, nincompoops!