Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Confirmation

I've always known that students talk. About courses, workloads, and profs. But this was recently confirmed for me.

Registration for spring courses is taking place this week, with a certain number of students being allowed to register each day (they have times that they can and cannot log into the registration system).

I just received an email from a first-year student whose registration time is not until Thursday. S/he's worried that my Good Book Intro will be full before her appointment time, but REALLY wants to be in my class. (There are currently 17 students registered for the class, which is capped at 30.)

Why?

Because "several of your current students have told me that you're a great teacher."

I always knew that students talked.

But it's nice to know that when they talk about me, they say nice things.

2 comments:

Q said...

you could start a rumour... about a fan-club!

Scholar Wannabe said...

Q! So happy to hear from you!

FYI: the group that you ran into during your weekend with Ann-ecdotes was the sister society of Big Society. Too bad we're meeting separately for the next few years...