Thursday, May 28, 2009

Update 2

The Move is quickly becoming very real.

There was a seat sale, so I've decided to fly down at the end of June to look for a place to live.

I've also purchased a one-way ticket from Hometown to Small Town at the beginning of August.

I still need to pick a moving company. Does anyone have any experience with AMJ Campbell Van Lines? They've quoted $1600 for 1000 lbs.

Can I just say that all of these changes are a wee bit scary?

2 comments:

busterwife said...

haha! that's the exact company we used. they did a good job. not perfect, but i've discovered that NONE of the moving companies can be totally expected to deliver your things without a few nicks here and there. if you have furniture made of particle board (like Ikea stuff), the corners will get a little crunched. just the bottom edges. but it won't be that noticeable. they warned us about that before they moved our stuff. we shopped around and it seemed like they had the best reputation around and a good price. i'd recommend them.

Scholar Wannabe said...

BW, I'm actually kinda surprised that you recommend them 'cause I only found one positive review on their service and a whole bunch of negative ones.

I'm actually thinking about not using them now. Just ship my books (the most crucial ones) by UPS and then take my clothes on the plane with me.

*sigh*

Moving details are pretty stressful to me. (And don't get me started on all the visa stuff...)