Friday, May 08, 2009

My News

Thanks to everyone for thinking good thoughts for me.

I'm back from my meetings, or should I say, my on-campus interview with a small liberal arts college (LAC).

They paid for my flight and my meals and my accommodations. I had an hour-long teaching demonstration (30 students and 7 profs), 7 half-hour interviews with profs in the department, and 1 half-hour interview with the dean.

I got the call this morning from the dean: I've been offered a one-year contract at LAC.

I have until Monday to accept the offer. But I suspect that I'll be taking it.

4 comments:

busterwife said...

weeehooo! PTL!! \o/
isn't it great to be wanted? =)

angst266925 said...

Oh my!!! Much thoughts to you!!! If opportunities comes, we will come show our support!!! Whoop whoop whoop... :)
We miss you and will miss you more now that you are almost leaving us...can we say, "again.."?
(As tall sister would say, "Boooo" for the leaving part...)

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

GASP!

Scholar Wannabe said...

BW: Feeling "wanted" is exactly how I feel!

Art: Welcome to commenting! I'm afraid that "leaving" just comes with the territory of what I do.

LD: I'm going to assume that it's a gasp of happiness and not one of "I can't believe SW managed to get a job"... =)