Amongst the Giants
At Big Society’s annual meetings, some sessions are panel discussions. The panelists are typically scholars-in-actuality who are the giants of their subspecialty.
I was excited to learn that a panel discussion on The Very Topic of my thesis was planned for this year’s meeting. Of course, I planned to attend the discussion. After all, how often does one have the opportunity to eavesdrop on the conversations of the giants?
But, at the risk of sounding heretical, it seems as though the gods are smiling down on me. Because I, ScholarWannabe, have been invited to participate on this panel.
I’m dazzled by the opportunity to be on a panel with the two Fathers of North Country Studies, North Country Archaeologist, and Rising North Country Scholar.
But I am also vastly conscious that I am completely and entirely unqualified to walk amongst these giants. (Most of them have been studying North Country since before I was born!)
Oh, how I wish that God had made me just a wee bit taller.
2 comments:
You are tall enough. In fact, you are the perfect height, just as you are. Enjoy the conversation; enjoy yourself!
Thanks for your encouragement, LD. It means a lot to me!
Post a Comment