Thursday, July 03, 2008

On Charisms

In April, a scholar-in-actuality from Big Society emailed me, inviting me to participate in a panel that will discuss the very topic that my thesis will address.

I was thrilled to have been invited and dropped everything that I was doing in order to submit an abstract of my thesis and the abstract for the paper that I would present at this panel.

He wrote about a week later, informing me that I was tentatively added to the panel and that he would write again when my participation was confirmed.

I hadn't heard from him by mid-June, so I wrote to him, inquiring about the status of my participation. (Yes, I admit that I am so incredibly lazy that I don't wish to write a paper if it isn't absolutely necessary!).

I leave for TLWTMS next Wednesday, but I'm still waiting to hear from him.

Administration is clearly not his charism.

No comments: