Friday, July 25, 2008

My Best Friend’s Wedding

I met Best Friend twenty years ago.

In the twenty years that I’ve known her, she has only been on time twice. She can never remember whether or not she locked the front door, her locker, or her car. And whenever we go somewhere in her car, she drives me mad as she ignores the empty spaces at the far end of the parking lot and circles the parking lot endlessly in order to park as near as possible to the entrance.

Clearly, I don’t think that Best Friend is perfect. Nevertheless, I do think that I have the best friend in the whole wide world.

She’s the most sympathetic and empathetic person that I know (whenever I need a listening ear, she’s the one I call). She’s generous (I’ve lost count of the number of things that she’s loaned me for my time in TLWTMS) and she’s smart (apart from Advisor, she’s the only one who actually understands the minutiae of my thesis).

And she’s patient. Very patient. How else could she be friends with the likes of me?

This post is in honour of her wedding tomorrow in Hometown. (I have her permission to be absent!)

Best wishes, Best Friend, for a wonderful day and a long and happy marriage!

No comments: