Small Society's Annual Meeting
I've returned to Hometown for the second time in a week (I spend too much time in airports...) and can now allow my body to adjust to the local time zone.
I had a marvellous, yet exhausting, time at Small Society's Annual Meeting.
The student lunch and session, for which I was responsible, ran smoothly. Despite feeling flustered while chairing these events, I received many compliments afterwards from both scholar-wannabes and scholars-in-actuality.
I gave my paper on Monday morning and was completely stunned at the response to my work.
I had anticipated being greeted by complete and utter silence during the question period, but the audience was so interested in my approach and findings that the questions had to be cut off (who would have thought that so many scholars-in-actuality could be as interested in rocks as I am?).
But the icing on the cake came from Rebel Prof. S/he and I both work on North Country, but have come to vastly different conclusions on most issues. And over the past month, I've had nightmares in which s/he belligerently and publicly contested my conclusions and humiliated me in front of everyone present.
But Rebel Prof wants me to send a copy of my paper to hir because my method is so novel and seems to bear so much fruit.
You can be sure that Rebel Prof will be receiving a copy of my paper.
I was also re-elected as the student representative for Small Society, so I get to do it all again next year.
But for now, it's time to get some real work done before I jet off again to TLWTMS...
Thursday, June 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I say charge hir for it! ;-)
wow... congratulations! you are becoming seriously famous! i guess those 900 (times 2) rock pictures are really gonna come in handy : )
Post a Comment