Thursday, May 08, 2008

How I'll Be Spending My Summer Vacation

The daily schedule for my dig this summer looks like this:

4:30 a.m. Rise and Shine
5:00 a.m. First Breakfast (on your own)
5:30 a.m. On the road (about 8 km ride)
6:00 a.m. Arrive and set up at site
9:00 a.m. Second Breakfast
9:30 a.m. Back to work
12:30 p.m. Take final elevations; pack tools
1:00 p.m. Return to camp
1:30 p.m. Make own lunch; archiving
6:00 p.m. Staff Meeting
7:00 p.m. Dinner
8:00 p.m. Lectures (periodic)
9:00 p.m. Bed

Not a single moment for researching, writing, student supervision, or administration.

I think that my summer vacation is shaping up to be very restful, indeed.

2 comments:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

I suppose you'd be so active that you need four meals a day? I don't know if I could eat at 7pm and then at 4am again.

Scholar Wannabe said...

WO, I suspect that there will be days when I will opt for more sleep over the first breakfast.

On the other hand, the prospect of digging on an empty stomach may be enough to get me out of bed.

We'll see...