Gone (The End)
Leaving The School was hard. I knew that it would be, but I didn't think that it would be that hard.
I arose at 4 a.m., showered, had breakfast, and spent a few minutes on the roof of the residence, where one can see The Old Part of The City.
Flower Priest, Irish Priest, and Librarian all came to help with my luggage and to see me off. And in spite of all my protests that I was completely capable of managing my luggage on my own, I found myself carrying nothing more than my laptop backpack. (Those men never listen to a word I say...)
Going through customs was a royal pain. I knew that it would be, but I didn't think that it would be that much of a pain.
My laptop was x-rayed some seven or eight times. The bags that I had so carefully packed were all unpacked three different times: all the clothes, all the electronics, and all the files. And just when I thought it was over, I was taken to a private room to have clothes and shoes x-rayed and to pass through a metal detector twice.
I was quite tired when I arrived in Hometown at 5:30 p.m. (local time). I knew that I would be, but I didn't think that I would be that tired.
Best Friend picked me up from the airport, greeting me with yellow roses. When I arrived home, I dutifully stayed awake until 9:30 p.m., at which point, my body, thinking that it was 4:30 a.m., fell fast asleep.
I'm now getting ready for Small Society's Annual Meeting and will head to Vancouver on Saturday morning.
But I miss The School already.
I knew that I would, but I didn't think that I'd miss it this much.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment