North Country – 900
Please let me show you my 900 photos of rocks.
At first glance, they might look all the same. But they really aren’t.
Some are limestone; others are basalt; and I’ve even got some shots of dolomite. They originated in different periods and, if you look closely, you’ll see that their shapes and textures really are quite diverse.
I suppose that I could have taken pictures of people. But the people didn’t confirm my suspicions about ancient life in North Country; the rocks did.
And since 2GB of memory had to last for four whole days and since rocks are crucial to The Thesis, the rocks had to take precedence over the people.
But the rocks really are interesting for their own sake.
And if you let me show you my 900 photos of rocks, I’ll be sure to explain exactly how.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
people / rocks, there all the same in the end... i mean, doesn't it say that even the rocks will cry out!? ; ) (can't you just imagine all your cute rocks singing their little rock hearts out?)
have you thought about naming them?
LOL! BW, you're hilarious!
I hadn't thought about naming my rocks. But I'm not sure that I could come up with 900 names...
Post a Comment