Gone (AOK: Take 2)
In academics, I've always struggled to write enough to satisfy the word count requirement. And in life, I've always struggled to say enough to satisfy the curiosity of others.
But, in light of the numerous inquiries into my well-being, I'll try this post again.
The City is divided into East and West. The East is further divided into the Old City and the later additions. I live a ten minute walk away from the north end of the Old City in a gated community (no one can get in unless they have a key or sign in first).
The Event That Caused Headlines took place in the West side of The City (about a 45 minute drive from where I live). That is, nowhere near where I'm living.
On the evening of The Event, I vaguely recall the sound of ambulance sirens. But things in my neighbourhood were completely peaceful and normal.
On the morning after The Event, I went out to the Old City. Apart from a greater security presence (a few more guards than usual), I was perfectly free to go about my business.
Thanks to everyone for caring so much about my safety and for inquiring via phone and email. It makes me feel like I'm remembered and cared for even while I'm far away.
But I'm perfectly safe and I'm perfectly fine.
Really.
Saturday, March 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So many readers, yet no one comments on your blog except for a couple?
Glad to hear you're alright.
i feel almost bad to say that i didn't even hear about the Event, so i wasn't worrying. (don't keep up with the news much) but i'm very glad to hear that you are AOK! :-)
BW, don't feel bad!
Heck, I was here when it happened, and I didn't know about it until my best friend called!
Post a Comment