Monday, June 25, 2007

Third Time's the Charm?

Last fall, I accepted a TAship for a course that I hadn't had much experience with and the workload ended up being heavier than I had anticipated.

Then, I wrote in this post and this post about my inability to look before leaping.

I had hoped that I would have learned my lesson by now. But I haven't.

I agreed to do some indexing work for a prof, compiling three types of indices for a forthcoming book.

I received the page proofs today.The manuscript is four hundred and fifty pages long and the indices are due by the end of next month.

Please send midnight oil, and lots of it.

4 comments:

Lonely Dissertator-No-More said...

yikesamolies!

Scholar Wannabe said...

Shall I assume that this interesting demonstration of vocabulary is adopted from your precocious-and-lovable children?

Or is it a function of sleeplessness?

busterwife said...

hey, that's my word! he stole it! ha ha... in case you are interested, another variation that i use on occasion is: "yikes-a-ROMIs!" (to be used when the "yikes" is somehow related to our darling daughter of course.

and there are also such expressions as "holy-macaROMI!" (although i'm trying not to use expressions with including the word "holy" anymore), and one you may have heard before: "wowsers!" (although that one originated from my good friend who lives in BC)

Scholar Wannabe said...

Ahhh...it has all become so clear to me now.

It's a case of giving honour where honour is due!