Careful What You Wish For (Part 4)
No one showed up last Monday. Then a plaster guy worked for a total of two hours on Tuesday. Then no one showed up on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. And stress levels in the house were skyrocketing.
But, yesterday, (yes, on a Sunday) the contractor came by to drop off cans of paint. And when he did, he commented that the kitchen will be done by this Friday.
I'm crossing my fingers (and still taking bets) that Thanksgiving will be filled with thanks-giving. When I left the house this morning, guys were in the kitchen sanding the walls in preparation for the painters, who are scheduled to come this afternoon.
The new kitchen cabinets are scheduled to be delivered for installation tomorrow. And I've heard rumours that the tiles that had been ordered for the floor are also on the way.
So, the countdown might actually be on. And mom's making a list of everyone she knows 'cause she'll be throwing a huge party when the kitchen's finally done.
And you can bet that I'll be checked into a hotel when the party happens, too.
Monday, September 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment